Tiropita Or SpanakopitaFrom lor 6 years ago
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese and ricotta cheese is nice mixed with the cottage cheese shopping list
- 5 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 8 - 10 ounces feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen phyllo pastry, thawed in refrigerator shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, eggs and feta cheese until well blended.
- *I like to add 2 garlic cloves, minced to this mixture but it is not necessary.
- Brush melted butter onto one sheet of phyllo dough at a time, and layer them in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish until you have 7 sheets.
- Let the sheets rest up against the sides of the dish as well.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the phyllo layers, then repeat the process with 7 more sheets, tucking in the sides around the edges.
- Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes in a preheated oven, until golden brown and crisp.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
- This recipe can also be prepared by spooning the filling onto cut buttered phyllo strips and folding into repeated triangles.
- Serves: 16 squares.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
This looks very good, thanks!organicmama in loved it
Oh yummmmmm, bookmarked to try... love Greek food...shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Think I'll love this with the spinach.Very good post..robertg in loved it