Tiropita Or SpanakopitaFrom lor 7 years ago
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese and ricotta cheese is nice mixed with the cottage cheese shopping list
- 5 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 8 - 10 ounces feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen phyllo pastry, thawed in refrigerator shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, eggs and feta cheese until well blended.
- *I like to add 2 garlic cloves, minced to this mixture but it is not necessary.
- Brush melted butter onto one sheet of phyllo dough at a time, and layer them in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish until you have 7 sheets.
- Let the sheets rest up against the sides of the dish as well.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the phyllo layers, then repeat the process with 7 more sheets, tucking in the sides around the edges.
- Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes in a preheated oven, until golden brown and crisp.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.
- This recipe can also be prepared by spooning the filling onto cut buttered phyllo strips and folding into repeated triangles.
- Serves: 16 squares.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
Oh yummmmmm, bookmarked to try... love Greek food...shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Oh boy, the more I read it, the more I want to make it .. like soon!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
yummmmmmmm!luv this one!iffyo in loved it