Zucchini KugelFrom juliagulia 10 years ago
- 2 lbs medium zucchini shopping list
- Spray olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 whole eggs shopping list
- 6 egg whites shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1/4 cup of matzo meal shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray a 9 inch pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Trim the zucchini and cut on the diagonal into 1/4 inch thick slices. Bring 2 quarts salted water to a rapid boil. Boil the zucchini until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain the zucchini in a colander, rinse, and drain again. Lay out 4 paper towels and put zucchini slices on top to dry. Then lay another 4 paper towels on top dry the tops. Place the dried zucchini in a big bowl.
- Heat a large flying pan on medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft but not browned. Add the onion mixture to the zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs together, matzo meal, and herbs then add this to the zucchini mixture. Mix together well.
- Add mixture to the pie plate and bake for 45 minutes.