Orange Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom myhusbandcooks 8 years ago
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (d) shopping list
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (d) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda (d) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (d) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt (d) shopping list
- 1 large egg (w) shopping list
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter (1 stick) (w) shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (w) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar (w) shopping list
- Zest of 1 large orange (w) shopping list
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (w) shopping list
How to make it
- d = dry ingredient, w = wet ingredient
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl and the wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir. Once the ingredients begin to come together, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or medium cookie scoop, place the dough on a non-stick, parchment-covered or Silpat-covered cookie sheet. You can get six to eight cookies on one tray.
- Bake for 13 minutes. The cookies should be firm and light brown on the bottom and sides.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve. Enjoy!
The Cookmyhusbandcooks Alexandria, VA
The Rating4 people
I made these with my three year old. I loved that it only required two bowls and no mixer (easy clean up!) They were really tasty and so simple to make. I loved the hint of orange with the chocolate and oatmeal.berkeleycook in Berkeley loved it
yummy variation of the original recipe - i'd double the quantities and reduce the relative amount of chocolate though.ros in fremantle loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!