Crawfish or Shrimp Cornbread DressingFrom betty_boop 8 years ago
- 1 or 2 lbs of crawfish or shrimp shopping list
- 2 or 3 cans Campbells shrimp Soup( i know this doesn't sound Cajun this is the Country part of me...LOL) shopping list
- 1/2 stick of butter (not margine) OR 1 to 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 bell pepper shopping list
- this is optional if you want it hot use some Japaleno pepper the kind in a jar is fine...doesn't have to be fresh from the garden.. shopping list
- 1tsp of WORCESTERSHIRE shopping list
- 1 bunch of green onions shopping list
- 1/2 bunch of parsley shopping list
- Slap yo' Mama seasoning shopping list
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic shopping list
- 2 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix shopping list
How to make it
- A large Pot ...6 qt will do... NOT a Black Cast iron you don't want your stuff to look black....
- 1 large Glass Baking pan.......11x16 something about that size...
- okay.....Now cut up onions , parsley, garlic, put into a pile on a plate,
- the watery juice from the crawfish in its bag save it in a cup or bowl. then cut up Crawfish into small chunks.... set aside in another plate or bowl.
- Take your large 6 qt pot and put your oil/butter into it......
- take onions( make sure you cut up very tiny or chop fine in a food processor), half of green onions and half of parsley, japaleno peppers if you want, garlic and saute' them til onions are clear...
- now add 2 can of Shrimp soup and saute for a bit
- add Slap yo' MaMa...WORCESTERSHIRE
- let cook for 30/45 minutes , add the crawfish water that you put aside , stirring occasionly... boy it smells good....
- now.. add your crawfish or Shrimp and let cook for about I5minutes..
- while this sauce is cooking If you need to add a little water do so.....but if you put to much water ....Well that is what the extra cans of soup is for...to keep a thick texture....
- Mix Jiffy Cornbread mix as directed.... using a cast iron skillett to cook corn bread in....
- after it is cooked :
- Turn off Crawfish or Shrimp:
- Add cornbread into your Crawfish/Shrimp mixture..... add the rest of your green onions, parsley..Mix all really well......
- You can save 1/2 of the Crawfish/Shrimp to top on cornbread dressing when it is finished cooking..
- In the Glass baking dish that I said you would need....
- take some olive oil an rub the sides of glass dish so mixture will not stick..
- Take your crawfish/shrimp cornbread mixture put into glass dish...
- this mixture is not souppie it is kind of thick....
- put into oven and bake until it is lightly brown.
- now that you are finished with this.. serve HOT....
- you may serve it with the other half of Crawfish/Shrimp if you saved it. or Fried crawfish, or Shrimp, Fried Fish.
- also fix a green salad, drink.....desert......
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookbetty_boop Pine Prairie, LA
The Rating4 people
We make this... love it! Great post!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Delicious recipe..... A great post..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
CAN I GET A "HELL YA"! YOU ARE VERY,VERY TALENTED! THANKS FOR BEING MY BUDDY!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!