Red Beet EggsFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups red beet juice OR shopping list
- 2 (14 oz) cans red beets with juice shopping list
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 2 bay leaves (optional) shopping list
- 8 Hardcooked eggs, peeled shopping list
How to make it
- Mix beets and juice, vinegar, sugar, and spices.
- Slightly heat mixture to speed up pickling process.
- Pour pickling mixture over eggs.
- Add warm water to cover eggs.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 days until whites of eggs have absorbed the color.