New York Style Sour Cream-Topped CheesecakeFrom lalakin 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups sugar , divided shopping list
- 4 packages (8 oz each) of Philidelphia cream cheese, sofened shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla, divided shopping list
- 1 container (16 oz0 of sour cream (I like to use Daisy or Breakstone's) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line a 13x9 in pan with foil...with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
- Mix crumbs, butter and 2 tsp. of the sugar; press firmly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of remaining sugar, and 1 tsp. of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add 1 cup of the sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 40 min. or until center is almost set.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining sour cream, 2 tbsp. sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla until very well blended; carefully spread over cheesecake after the it has baked its 40 min (or until it is almost set).
- Bake an additional 10 min.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Optional: top with sliced strawberries just before serving!
- Note: save 80 calories, 9 g of fat, and 7 g saturated fat per serving by using margarine, and neufchatel cheese 1/3 less fat than cream cheese and reduced fat sour cream (still tastes just as yummy!!!).
The Cooklalakin Wetumpka, AL
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!