Crepes And More CrepesFrom ivy 7 years ago
How to make it
- Beat eggs with flour and baking powder, add milk and salt.
- Pour a spoonful of oil in the pan and wait until it’s hot (this applies only to the first crepe because after that the frying pan is hot and you don’t have to wait).
- Add a thin layer of batter onto the hot frying pan and tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Once it is no longer in a liquid form but is thick you must invert the crepe at least once, when you see that the bottom is light brown.
- Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
- Serve hot.
- You may store batter in refrigerator for one day.
- Left over crepes may be stored in refrigerator 1 - 2 days or you may prepare crepes before hand and place them in the deep freezer and you may use them whenever you want to.
- Make a pile of how many you will need and wrap in plastic kitchen wrap. The edges must be carefully wrapped. Defrost at room temperature before using. Warm them up in microwave.
- Ingredients you may use for your Crepes:
- Ham, bacon, smoked turkey, cheese, mushrooms, peppers, fresh cream, etc., etc.
- Ingredients to fill sweet crepes:
- ice cream, nutella, chocolate, whipping cream, biscuits, coconut, nuts, bananas, strawberries, apples,
- chocolate, strawberry, sour cherry, caramel etc.
The Cookivy Whereabouts, Unknown
The Rating9 people
I never made crepes,but you made it look so easy..ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Wow! Wonderful... thanks! I love your step by step.berry in Riverside loved it
Beg to differ on the oil...I always use butter and a cast-iron skillet. But I love butter, so that's me. However, the French say that the first crepe is for the dog, because it never comes out right...that's the one that 'seasons' the pan for the r...morefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it