Cabbage and Potato DelightFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cut cabbage in half and soak in salted water for 15 minutes then agitate and drain well then shred and set aside.
- Heat bacon fat in a large, heavy skillet and add the diced potatoes then cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add 2 chopped onions and cook until transparent then add cabbage and toss well with two wooden spoons.
- When cabbage starts to wilt add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and a splash of water or beer and 1 tablespoon wine vinegar the cover with lid slightly askew and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!