Coffee - Spice - Slice CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso, dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup rolled quick oats (NOT instant) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup chocolate sprinkles shopping list
How to make it
- In large mixing bowl beat shortening, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and coffee mixture until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flours, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Divide dough into two equal parts, and shape each half into a roll about 1 1/2" wide.
- Roll in chocolate sprinkles, pressing lightly.
- Wrap tightly, and refrigerate at least 12 hours. Alternatively, freeze logs up to 6 months before proceeding.
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Cut rolls into 1/4" slices, and place 1" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes (12 min if frozen). Cool on rack.