Salt and Pepper Shrimp with Lemon Basmati RiceFrom imran 9 years ago
- • 1 1/2 pounds large shrimps (U 15), deveined, shell on shopping list
- • 1/2 tablespoon ground black peppercorns shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon ground white peppercorns shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground szechuan peppercorns shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon fleur de sel shopping list
- • 1/2 cup cornstarch shopping list
- • 4 stalks fine chopped scallions, green part only. Save white part for rice. shopping list
- • 1/4 cup canola oi shopping list
- lLEMON basmati rice shopping list
- • White scallions from above shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon canola oil shopping list
- • 2 cups basmati rice, washed until water is clear shopping list
- • 2 large slices of ginger shopping list
- • Zest of 2 lemons shopping list
- • juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • Pinch of white peppercorn shopping list
- • 2 1/2 cups chicken stock, can substitute water shopping list
How to make it
- Soak shrimp in salty cold water for 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly. In a large bowl, mix peppercorns, salt and cornstarch. Dredge shrimp in mixture.
- In a very hot wok, add oil and fry the shrimp quickly. Add the scallions. Cook until shrimp are pink, only 3 to 5 minutes.
- LEMON BASMATI RICE
- In a saucepan, saute scallions and zest in oil. Add rice and ginger and sauee for 3 minutes. Add zest, juice, salt, pepper and chicken stock, cover and bring to boil. Turn down and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Pull off of heat and let stand for another 25 minutes with cover still on.
The Cookimran Mumbai, IN
The Rating3 people
I have been looking for this recipe for over a year! I get it at our Chinese restaurant... I make a pig out of myself with them!
Thank you, thank you !
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
this sounds soooo goooood!thanks!love shrimps!iffyo in loved it
Have a question... My husband eats the shells? Is that right? I peel...linebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!