Lasagne Baked AuthenticFrom cookingforfun 9 years ago
- Lasagne tomato sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, chopped shopping list
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 14 oz can peeled and crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 14 oz can hot water shopping list
- pinch of dried red pepper flakes, basil and oregano shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- Lasagne; shopping list
- 2 tbs salt shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb lasagne noodles shopping list
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup grated Parmesan and/or romano cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3/4 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Sauce: Heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 3 min. Don't burn.
- Add the tomato paste and stir until dissolved. Add the tomatoes and mix well./ Add the hot water, stir well and let the mixture come to a soft boil.
- Add the seasonings, stir util blended and let the sauce simmer while you prepare the lasagne.
- Lasagne: Combine the salt and olive oil with 8 quarts of boiling water. Add the noodles and cook about 15 minutes or until tender. Stir constantly to prevent sticking. Drain and rinse under cold water. Reserve
- Combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, garlic 3/4 cup grated cheese, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix.
- bring the tomato sauce ricotta filling and cooked noodles to a clean working surface. Set out a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Pour 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce into the bottom of the baking pan. Over this place a layer of lasagne noodles. Overlap a little. Top with 1 cup tomato sauce.. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture here and there, reaching the edges of the pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the Parmesan and mozzarella on the top. Repeat process two more times. Last on the top more sauce and Parmesan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes let stand for 15 minutes
- Serve with any sauce and grated cheese remaining.
The Cookcookingforfun Marblehead, MA
The Rating10 people
Most of these recipes are so large. Can I make this in 2 pans and freeze one? I just got a new freezer and looking for ways to put healthy home made for us to eat.lovinsun in loved it
likemad in M loved it
great post!love lasagna!thanks for posting!chezzane in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!