Shepherds PieFrom flavorsofitaly 9 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 1lb bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed (or 16 oz total of your favorite variety of canned veggies, drained) shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbl worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 lbs) shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 Tbl milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat, cook ground beef, sausage, onion, and garlic until beef and pork are browned, and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Transfer meat mixture to a 3 qt. round casserole dish.
- Add the vegetables, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the meat mixture and stir well. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes, and cut into quarters. Place potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are very tender, drain. In large mixing bowl, mash potatoes well. Add butter and milk, beat until stiff. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove meat mixture from oven after 45 minutes, and stir well. Dollop the mashed potatoes on top. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes more. Serve hot.
The Cookflavorsofitaly Memphis, TN
- Not added to any groups yet!