Pizza Popover PieFrom flavorsofitaly 5 years ago
- 1 and 1/2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz) shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 LARGE eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 Tbl olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a 12 inch skillet, cook and stir ground beef, bell pepper, and onion, until beef is browned. Drain fat.
- Add the tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce mix, water, garlic powder, and oregano to the meat mixture in skillet. Mix well. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Immediately spoon the sauce mixture into a 3 qt. round casserole dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, milk, eggs and olive oil. Mix well. Transfer this batter to a glass measuring cup. Carefully pour the batter over the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for about 25 minutes or until light brown and set.
- Make it 'Mexican' by using a package of taco seasoning mix in place of the spaghetti sauce mix, and Cheddar or Monterey Jack (or both) cheeses in place of the Mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Make it healthier by substituting ground turkey for the ground beef.