Mummys Microwave Peanut BrittleFrom girlieerin 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a microwave safe bowl, stir together the sugar, syrup, salt, and peanuts.
- Microwave the mixture on High for 5 minutes and 30 seconds. Be careful! The bowl may be very hot. Use pot holders when moving it in and out of the microwave.
- Gently stir in the tablespoon of butter and the teaspoon of vanilla.
- Microwave again for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the teaspoon of baking soda (do not be alarmed, the mixture will thicken and change color) and quickly pour onto a buttered cookie sheet. Tilt the pan to spread. Note: It will not cover the entire sheet.
- Cool completely. Break into pieces and share with a friend.
- View Step by Step images of this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com.