CHESTNUT BISQUEFrom noir 6 years ago
- 1 medium carrot, diced shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter or canola oil shopping list
- 1 lb fresh chestnuts, peeled shopping list
- 3 C chicken bouillon shopping list
- 1/4 C apple juice shopping list
- 1/4 C fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- pinch ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon shopping list
- nonfat sour cream or yogurt shopping list
- (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onion, and celery, and saute until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add chestnuts and continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add apple juice, parsley, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tarragon and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender.
- Return to saucepan and reheat.
- Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
You know how to get me..Italians and chestnuts LOL but this is really super, my friend!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
too good!chezzane in loved it
You know chestnuts aren't appreciated enough in recipes! *wink* This is a keeper! Tops!pink in USA loved it