Old Fashioned Yankee Beef Pot Roast With Root VegetablesFrom luvthewho 7 years ago
- 3-4 Lb. chuck roast shopping list
- 1/2 cup of flour shopping list
- 1tsp. salt shopping list
- 1tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1tsp. granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs. of Fresh Minced garlic shopping list
- 3 packs of brown gravy pack shopping list
- 3 cup of Cold water shopping list
- 2 tbs. of beef base (4 beef boullion) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. of olive oil shopping list
- 2 Med onion shopping list
- 6 Peeled carrots and cut in half shopping list
- 4 Stalks of celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup of Diced tomato (or 1/2 fresh tomato) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in skillet
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic, dredge beef in flour.
- Sear beef at high heat on both sides approx. 3 minutes per side, place beef in baking dish.
- Heat second oil in same skillet with beef drippings. Sautee vegetables in med high heat, still crisp. Place vegetable in baking dish with beef.
- Place garlic in pan drippings sautee till golden, ( can add 1/4 cup of burgundy wine at this point if desired and reduce wine to half the amount.) Add cold water then gravy packets, bring to boil and simmer while stirring constantly for 1 minut gravy will thicken. Add Beef Base and stir until dissolved. Pour over beef and vegetables.
- Cover dish and bake at 250 for 5 1/2 hours. Remove cover and turn oven till 300 and bake remaining 1/2 hour.
- Remove and serve with potatoes and a wonderful sourdough bread from the bakery.