Southwest Style Chopped SaladFrom mitchki 5 years ago
- 1/2 large or 1 medium sweet onion shopping list
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 "seedless" cucumber (or 2 regular cucumbers) shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) extra sweet corn shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans shopping list
- 1 pint grape tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 TB cajun seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- Dice the onion, cucumber and peppers into small (less than 1/2 inch) pieces, and place in salad bowl.
- Chop the cilantro leaves and stems finely and add to the salad.
- Drain the can of corn. Drain and rinse the can of black beans and add both to the salad.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half or leave whole. Add to salad.
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar and cajun seasoning in a separate container to make a vinaigrette. Pour over salad.
- Toss gently to mix well and let it sit for an hour or two in the refrigerator to let the flavors blend.
- Serve cold.