Thai Red Pork With Rice - Khao Mu DaengFrom watson2167 9 years ago
- 1 lb pork loin, pork steak, or pork chops shopping list
- 5 eggs boiled cut in half shopping list
- marinade shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato from which the shopping list
- seeds and skin have been discarded shopping list
- 4 tbl fish sauce shopping list
- 4 tbl honey shopping list
- 1 cup preserved plums chopped shopping list
- (preserved Chinese plums are the best for this recipe) shopping list
- 3-4 drops of red food coloring (for more color) optional shopping list
- 1 cup of water or pork stock (for more liquid) shopping list
- FOR SAUCE: shopping list
- 2 tbsp dark sweet soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 2 tbsp vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp of conrstarch (mix in water) shopping list
How to make it
- Place all mixing ingredients in a blender.
- After done, thoroughly paint the meat with it and leave to stand for several hours or over night.
- Place the meat, and the marinade in a baking pan and add about a cup of water or pork stock, cover and cook in about 325 for about 40 mintues or until just about cooked. Then removed the liquid in which it has cooked, drained, set aside.
- Placed the meat under a grill or broiler on high heat to browned. Allow it to cool and then slice it into strips.
- Bring the cooking liquid to the boil on stove top add dark sweet soy, honey and vinegar, and reduce to a thick sauce, adding a little cornstarch if necesary to thicken it.
- Serve the pork on a bed of steamed Thai jasmine rice, garnished with coriander leaves, cucumber slices on the side and a hard boiled egg. Top with the gravy or place in a small bowl for dipping.
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!