Almond FlanFrom squirrel_nut 8 years ago
How to make it
- Put sugar in 9x3 cake pan. place on medium heat burner to carmelize the sugar. heat until sugar liquifies (3-5 minutes). when sugar is golden brown remove from heat and allow to cool and harden.
- in a blender, mix until smooth almonds, condensed milk, milk, eggs, yolks, and vanilla.
- pour mixture into the cooled carmelized sugar.
- place the 9x3 cake pan into a larger container that contains approx 1" of water. place an aluminium tent loosely over the cake pan.
- bake for 1hr 15min until the flan is firm in the center.
- remove and allow to cool a bit before placing in the refridgerator for +1hrs to cool and set.
- to serve, run a spatula along the edge of the pan to loosen. flip over and scrape the carmel from the bottom of the pan. enjoy!