Lemon Italian CookiesFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 4 heaping tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- Enough heated milk to make spreading consistency. shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour; add baking powder and sugar and sift again.
- Cut in shortening and add milk, egg, and lemon extract.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Flour hands and pinch out about 1 teaspoon dough and roll into a ball.
- Repeat process and place on greased cookie sheets, 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix sugar together with shortening and milk.
- Blend together until smooth.
- Spread on cooked cookies then decorate with nuts, coconut, colored candies etc.....