Pasta Lima Bean FagioliFrom rml 8 years ago
- 1 large can Hunts tomatoes (I use whole and squish with my fingers). shopping list
- 2 pkgs frozen lima butter beans shopping list
- 1/4 cup of oil...Grandma used veg. but I like olive...again, she was the master cook shopping list
- 6 buds of garlic, chopped...I'm a fan of wacking and squishing the garlic, which is probably another factor in my dishes not tasting like my Grandmother's! shopping list
- 1 1/2 tomato cans of water shopping list
How to make it
- Saute garlic in oil and then add frozen Butter Beans. Let this cook until the beans become sticky or there's no more oil in the pan. Add the squished tomatoes. Using the tomato can, add about 1 1/2 cans of water to the bean mix and simmer for about 1 1/2 hrs. (reducing)
- Cook cut up or broken spaghetti.
- Mix all together.
- Good Luck!
The Cookrml VA
The Rating4 people
Love butter beans, bet this would be good with some chopped, smoked ham and a big slice of warm cornbread. Thanks, will be trying this very soon...robertg in loved it
I could use a good fagiole soup - my ex mother in law made a great one and was spoiled after that- and since I have been divorced (many years now) - and hapily :-) but still I havent had homemade great fagiole - I should give yours a try - thank you...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
This is similar to my Dads recipe. I smash my garlic the same way it is quick and you only have to clean one utensil..the knife.
You have my 5 fork rating
Michaeltrigger in loved it