Sweet n Spicy Marinated ShrimpFrom lillyann 7 years ago
- 2 cups red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 lemon, sliced shopping list
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded, deveined, and finely minced shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 tablespoons dried minced onion flakes shopping list
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar shopping list
- 4 pounds large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Pour vinegar into a pot over high heat. Stir in lemon slices, jalapeno peppers, garlic, onion flakes, and sugar. Bring to a rapid boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and cool to lukewarm.
- Place the shrimp and cilantro into a resealable plastic bag. Pour the lukewarm sauce into the bag, seal tightly; refrigerate overnight, turning the bag over several times.
- Drain liquid from resealable bag, and place shrimp in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and toss well.
- Note: In the summer we serve this appetizer on a bed of crisp lettuce with fresh chopped seasonal veggies.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating7 people
THIS RECIPIE IS ONE IM GOING TO TRY. THANKS FOR POSTING IT.bigstmpr in Edgewood loved it
I dont know how i missed this recipe but it definately looks delicious and i will try it soon.5 to you
Caracaramia in loved it
This is definately a treat I'm going to be trying out real soon. It looks so delicious I just had to flag it as beautiful. 5 forks from mebrianna in loved it