Roast Prime RibFrom rrobby 7 years ago
- INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 5 lb. "bone in" small end standing rib roast shopping list
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, cut in strips shopping list
- 2 t. dry mustard shopping list
- 1 t. Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- ½ t. allspice shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- ½ t. pepper shopping list
- 1 t. granulated onion shopping list
- 1 T. parsley flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven or roaster to 200 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Using a paring knife, make 12 slits in the fat side of your roast. Fill each of these slits about half way with the mixture above and stuff a slice of fresh garlic into the slit. Use any remaining mixture to rub all over the fat side of the roast. Place a rack in an iron skillet and place prepared roast on the rack. Roast at 200 for 50 min. per pound. Start checking internal temp about 4/5's of the way through the cooking time. When an instant read thermometer reads 110 degrees, remove from oven or roaster and let sit at least 30 min. before slicing.
The Cookrrobby McCall, ID
- Not added to any groups yet!