Orange-lemon ChickenFrom watson2167 9 years ago
- 3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 tbsp peanut oil shopping list
- 2 tsp garlic chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp ginger chopped shopping list
- 4 tbsp orange juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp orange rind (zest) shopping list
- 1tsp lemon rind (zest) shopping list
- 2 tsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red chili pasted (depending on your taste) shopping list
- 1 tbsp spring onions (scallions) long thin sliced shopping list
- 4 tbsp (1/4 cup) chicken stock or water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch to which 1 tbsp cold water has been added and mixed well. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips. Mince both the orange and lemon rind.
- Heat a wok till it's hot. Add the peanut oil and swirl it around the surface, add the ginger and garlic.
- When the ginger and garlic turn fragrant, add the chicken strips. Cook it for 3-4 mintues or until done.
- Now add all the other ingredients except the spring onions. Bring it to a boil, simmer for another 2 minutes, then stir in the cornstarch and mix well. The sauce should thicken in about 10 seconds. Taste for the flavour balance, adding more if needed.
- Quickly add the spring onions, stir once, and serve on top of Jasmine rice. ENJOY.