Sesame Cabbage SaladFrom designerliz 8 years ago
- 1 cucumber (1 lb.) shopping list
- 1 cup thinly slivered red onion shopping list
- Sesame dressing (recipe follows ) shopping list
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage (8 oz.) shopping list
- 4 cups finely shredded red cabbage (8 oz.) shopping list
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds ( see notes*.) shopping list
- Sesame dressing shopping list
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Rinse and thinly slice cucumber. In a bowl, mix cucumber, onion, and sesame dressing. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- 2. Up to 1 hour before serving, layer cabbage and red cabbage in a large bowl. Pour marinated cucumber mixture over the top. Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Just before serving, mix well.
- *NOTES: Roasted sesame seeds are sold in some supermarkets and in Asian grocery stores. If you can't find them, toast your own: stir in a frying pan over medium heat until golden, 5 to 6 minutes. If desired, assemble salad in a glass bowl to show off the colorful layers.
- Sesame dressing:
- In a small bowl or 1 cup glass measure, mix rice vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, Asian sesame oil, salt, and ground white pepper. Makes about 3/4 cup