Acadian Peppered ShrimpFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 pound butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano chopped shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 cup black pepper finely ground shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 4 pounds large raw shrimp in shells shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large deep sided frying pan or iron skillet over low heat.
- When melted raise the heat and add the remaining ingredients except shrimp.
- Cook stirring often until browned to a rich mahogany color about 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp stirring and turning to coat well with seasoned butter.
- Cook until shrimp have turned a rich deep pink about 10 minutes.
- Serve shrimp in their shells peeling at the table.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!