Roasted Prime RibFrom jillian_marlow 9 years ago
- 1 (8 lb) prime rib roast shopping list
- ground black pepper (to your taste) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1/4 c olive oil shopping list
- 1 c beer shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp mustard powder shopping list
- 3 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1/3 c orange marmalade shopping list
- 3 tsp fresh ginger root (grated shopping list
- 4 cloves minced garlic shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine mustard, hot sauce, garlic, marmalade, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. While stirring, add beer. With your 2 pronged fork, pierce holes throughout the roast completely. Add the marinade over your roast. Next, cover the combination and refrigerate for 2 hrs or more, while basting it two or more times.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- 3. In your roasting pan, put the roast on a rack . Add 1 cup marinade to your roasting pan. You should then pour the olive oil over the meat, then season to taste with your ground black pepper. Place your roasting thermometer into the prime ribs’ middle section (the thermometer should not come into contact with any of the bone). With aluminum foil cover your roasting pan (close edges around the pan tightly).
- 4. Place in oven. Once an hour of cooking the roast has been completed, your aluminum foil should be taken off. Baste the roast, lower heat to 325 F, but remain cooking in oven for another hour. If you desire medium-rare, the thermometer should read 140 F; well done would read as 170 F. Take out the prime rib roast from oven and cover it with aluminum foil. Allow it to cool down for a half hour before slicing and serving.