White Garlic PastaFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage (sweet or hot) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained shopping list
- 15 ounces roicotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 (16 ounce) jars prepared alfredo sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds small pasta, cooked and drained (I like mini penne) shopping list
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, brown sausage. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Drain skillet, reserving 1 tablespoons sausage drippings.
- Add onion to skillet. Saute until softened. Add garlic and saute 1 minute or until fragrant. Return sausage to skillet. Add red peppers and wine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Combine spinach, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and egg.
- Spread 1 cup Alfredo sauce over bottom of greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Top with one-third of the pasta.
- Top with half the ricotta mixture and half the sausage.
- Spread with a good layer of sauce.
- Layer with remaining pasta and top with sauce.
- Layer with Mozzarella cheese slices.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- luvshk Republic, MO
- jackis Minneapolis, MN
- wolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
- butterflysue Pacifica, CA
- coffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- shirleyoma Cove, OR
- upstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating4 people
wow i like this and so easy too thank you very much ........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This will be one of my favorites!! yummmmmmmmmshirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!