White Garlic PastaFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage (sweet or hot) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained shopping list
- 15 ounces roicotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 (16 ounce) jars prepared alfredo sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds small pasta, cooked and drained (I like mini penne) shopping list
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, brown sausage. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside. Drain skillet, reserving 1 tablespoons sausage drippings.
- Add onion to skillet. Saute until softened. Add garlic and saute 1 minute or until fragrant. Return sausage to skillet. Add red peppers and wine.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Combine spinach, ricotta cheese, salt, pepper and egg.
- Spread 1 cup Alfredo sauce over bottom of greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Top with one-third of the pasta.
- Top with half the ricotta mixture and half the sausage.
- Spread with a good layer of sauce.
- Layer with remaining pasta and top with sauce.
- Layer with Mozzarella cheese slices.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- luvshk Republic, MO
- jackis Minneapolis, MN
- wolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
- butterflysue Pacifica, CA
- coffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- shirleyoma Cove, OR
- upstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating4 people
This will be one of my favorites!! yummmmmmmmmshirleyoma in Cove loved it
wow i like this and so easy too thank you very much ........minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!