Fiesta Lasagna OleFrom sparow64 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 T cumin shopping list
- 1 T chili powder shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 package taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 2 cups water or beef broth shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, undrained shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can refried beans shopping list
- 1/4 cup salsa shopping list
- 2 c shredded mexican cheese blend shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Brown on medium heat with green onions, cayenne, red pepper flakes, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning mix.
- When all pink color has disappeared, drain if needed and return to skillet, add water, diced tomatoes with juice, and green chiles with juice.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta and eggs.
- Place 2 tortillas in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix refried beans with salsa (keep it thick - may not need all the salsa)
- Spread 1/4 bean mixture on tortillas
- Add layer 1/4 of the ricotta mixture
- Spoon 1/4 of the meat mixture over the ricotta
- Add layer of shredded cheese
- Repeat layers until all is used up, ending with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly.
- Serve with salsa, sliced black olives, chopped tomato, and guacamole - or your favorite mexican acompaniaments.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating1 people
So THAT'S what Mexican Lasagna is!! I make something like this I call my stacked enchiladas. Sounds delicious, Sparrow. ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it