Hot Chocolate Sauce for Ice Cream or CakeFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (you can use the Special Dark if you want a darker chocolate sauce) shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon all-purpose white flour shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa and flour.
- Pour boiling water over this mixture and bring it to a gentle boil over medium heat, being careful not to scorch the bottom of the pan.
- Boil sauce for 7 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add butter and extract; whisk the sauce well to incorporate the butter and extract into the sauce.
- Place a piece of waxed paper (not a tight lid) loosely over the pan and allow sauce to cool a bit before pouring it over ice cream or cake.
- Store cooled leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.