The Souffle OmeletteFrom noir 6 years ago
- 2 eggs (serves 1) shopping list
- olive oil preferred or vegetable oil shopping list
- pepper & salt shopping list
- Optional fillings include: shopping list
- Diced sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- Sliced grape tomatoes shopping list
- sliced mushrooms shopping list
- herbs de Provence shopping list
- or other favorite choices! shopping list
How to make it
- Add 1/8” oil to an 8” non-stick pan on low heat.
- Separate the egg white from the yolks.
- Beat the egg white until firm but not overly stiff.
- Add the egg white to the pan.
- The mixture should still flow.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Allow to fry for 3 to 4 minutes until light brown.
- Lightly fold in the egg yolks over the surface of the white.
- Add optional fillings in a stripe down the center.
- Carefully fold the omelette in half.
- Turn to high heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn over and repeat.
- Serve immediately.
- The soufflé omelette should be ½” to 1 ½” thick with a soft center and a crispy outside.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Like it for MDay!shuga in United States loved it
Heavenly delight! *wink*pink in USA loved it
A beauty...again! thanksmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it