Chicken FilforaFrom atariq123 6 years ago
- chicken breast 1 lbs / 500 gm shopping list
- red onion 1 medium shopping list
- garlic paste 1 tsp shopping list
- vegetable oil 1/4 cup shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Crushed red pepper 1 tsp (use less for mild hot) shopping list
- white vinegar 1 tsp shopping list
- Green Chillies 2 chopped in thin strips shopping list
- fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp shopping list
How to make it
- Trim chicken meat of all fat and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Finely chop onion (like when using in omelette). Using a wide mouthed pan, wok or tawwa heat oil and fry onions until light brown (this is the only trick in this recipe the onions have to be light brown for the caramalized taste).
- Add garlic paste and salt and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and add the meat, crushed red pepper and vinegar. Stir fry until the meat is cooked tender (about 5-6 minutes). Do not overcook as the meat will turn hard and will take longer to cook. Garnish with green chillies and coriander leaves. Serve immediately over steamed rice or noodles.
- This recipe can be adapted to add your favourite veggies such as brocolli, just ensure that you take the meat out of the wok or tawwa, keep it warm, stir fry the veggies and add the meat back in, give it another toss and then serve.