Fennel and Kale PastaFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- fennel bulb sliced thinly-stalks saved for stock, fronds chopped and reserved shopping list
- --------------------------- shopping list
- one onion. in thin half moons shopping list
- bunch of kale, parboiled, stems removed shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- wee bit red pepper flakes shopping list
- cup of water or chicken broth shopping list
- balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan, finely grated shopping list
- 1 pound spaghetti, boiled al dente while making sauce, so it is all done at the same time shopping list
How to make it
- Cook fennel and onion in the olive oil slowly, until tender and beginning to brown.
- Add kale and cook about 5 minutes, sprinkling with salt, pepper and pepper flakes.
- Add cup of the hot pasta water or chicken broth, the balsamic vinegar to taste, and stir in the cheese.
- Drain pasta, add to sauce and mix.
- Sprinkle with fennel fronds, and serve, with additional cheese if you wish, and extra grind pepper.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating2 people
Oh, boy this Kale and fennel is calling Michael.
Thank you Joymarie for posting a recipe with ingredients I have in my garden. I love the flavors!
Michaeltrigger in loved it