KotletyFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 1 lb ground chicken (beef, pork, turkey will also do if you prefer them to the chicken) shopping list
- 1 small-medium onion, very very finely chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ½ cup bread crumbs (or a piece of white bread, or challah, soaked in a bit of water) shopping list
- ½ tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp salt (you might need more, play around with the recipe) shopping list
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
- olive oil or vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all the ingredients above (except the olive oil) together in a bowl. Grab another bowl and pour cold water in it. You will need the cold water to rinse your hands in between shaping each patty, so that the meat doesn’t much stick to your hands.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Dip your hands in a bowl of water. Take enough meat to form a patty that is about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide (about 1 inch thick) and place the formed, shaped patty on the pan where the oil should sizzle upon making contact with the patty. Repeat the shaping and placing of the patties until your pan is full, rinsing your hands between each patty. You want to sear each side for a few minutes until they’re a happy brown color and then lower the heat to medium-low and cook for about 20 minutes or until, when you cut into one of the patties, you see absolutely no pink.
- Remove the meat patties from the pan and repeat the exercise if you have leftover ground meat mix.
- Note: don’t cover the pan when you’re cooking the patties – you might think it’ll cook the meat patties faster, however, it’ll just make them a bit too mushy – as the moisture will collect at the bottom of the pan. So cook the patties without a lid.