Rum Raisin Rice PuddingFrom lillyann 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a heavy medium sauce pan bring milk and cinnamon sticks to a boil over medium heat. Add rice, return to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While rice is cooking place the rum, 1/4 cup water and raisins in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to simmer and cook until almost all the liquid is absorbed, (you want some left over to mix into the rice when it's finished). Set aside to cool.
- Add condensed milk and scrape vanilla bean into the rice. Continue to cook over low heat stirring often for an additional 15 minutes or so or until rice is creamy, but still has some liquid left in the pot. Refer to photos above, it will still seem rather soupy, but in order for it to be very creamy when cool, you remove if from the heat at this stage.
- The rice pudding will keep for 1 week covered in the refrigerator.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating6 people
Thanks for the post. I have been looking for a good rice pudding recipe and the rum definitely caught my eye!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
sounds wonderful!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!