TinctureFrom tuilelaith 8 years ago
- fresh herbs to do the job you want done shopping list
- - - - - - -Here is one example- - - - - - - - - shopping list
- Cough Tincture shopping list
- Fresh or dry thyme, sage and Hyssop shopping list
- Alcohol from 40% to 90% Vol. shopping list
- - shopping list
- It is best to make this in the summertime, when all the herbs are fresh but you can make it also from dried herbs any time in the year. shopping list
- The combination of thyme, sage and hyssop is not only good against cough but also has other possible uses. shopping list
- For example: sore throat, gingivitis, digestive problems, too much sweating, meteorism and weak menses, right like us women care if our menses are weak! shopping list
- Externally you can use it against skin inflammations, wounds and insect stings. shopping list
How to make it
- First cut the herbs in small pieces.
- Fill the herbs into a jar until half of the jar is filled.
- Pour the spirit into the jar.
- All the herbs should be covered.
- Close the jar and put it at a warm place.
- Let it stand for 10-40 days.
- Shake it about once a day.
- After the waiting time the tincture is ready.
- Now you can filter it.
- You need a second glass that should be bigger than the first glass.
- And you need a filtering paper or cloth, I use a coffee filter.
- Cover the second glass with the filter.
- Pour the tincture through the filter.
- The tincture is the liquid going through the filter.
- When the most liquid is poured out of the jar, you could put the jar with the herbs upside-down on the second jar, to make sure all the tincture flows into the second jar.
- Put the jars in a cool dry place and let them stand for several hours.
- Take a dark bottle and a small funnel.
- Pour the tincture through the funnel into the bottle.
- Fill as much bottles you need for filling all the tincture.
- Now all the tincture is filled into the bottles.
- Label the bottles with content and date so you always know what is inside and how old it is.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
The Rating3 people
I would LOVE to hear of more herb combos and their uses!!!!damiadedannon in loved it
Excellent info. I've read directions in books that were not this clear.tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
I do a lot with herbs, including tinctures. I prefer alternative medicines to pharmaciuticals. You deserve a 5. Thank you for sharing...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it