Latin American Milk CakeFrom chefmeow 10 years ago
- 1 tablespoon softened butter for baking dish shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 5 large eggs separated shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk shopping list
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- fresh strawberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a rectangular baking dish.
- In medium size bowl beat egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar for 5 minutes.
- Gently stir in milk, vanilla, flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form adding remaining sugar and continue beating until whites are stiff and shiny but not dry.
- Gently fold the whites into yolk mixture.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake cake on middle rack of oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cake cool slightly before unmodling onto a large deep platter.
- Mix evaporated milk, condensed milk and heavy cream in a saucepan then bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Add vanilla.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly then slowly pour milk syrup over cake spooning overflow back on top until syrup is completely absorbed.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!