Quick Duck Cassoulet Using Roasted Duck ShanksFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 8 roasted duck Shanks shopping list
- 1 tsp duck Fat shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 Med onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Glass white wine shopping list
- 1 lg tin tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup duck stock shopping list
- 1 lg tin White Haricot beans shopping list
- 1 sprig Fresh thyme shopping list
- 4 duck sausages shopping list
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs shopping list
- -------------------------------------------- shopping list
- This dish is enough on its own, but some crusty bread and a green salad won't go amiss. shopping list
- A good glass of bold red wine would go well. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the duck fat in a frying pan and add the onion, garlic and cook over a medium heat for two minutes.
- Add the wine, bring to the boil, then add the tomatoes, stock, beans, thyme and the duck shanks.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry or grill the sausages, slice into quarters and add them to the duck and bean mixture.
- Place into an ovenproof serving dish.
- Mix the parsley with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over.
- Place into a hot oven until the crumbs are golden.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating8 people
I can't believe the average score on this is a 3... Duck Fat rules! Come check out my Cassoulet recipe too :-)luisascatering in San Carlos loved it