Zinfandel Braised Pork Loin With AsparagusFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- Roast: shopping list
- 1 3 1/2 pound double pork loin roast shopping list
- 1 packet (1.12 oz.) Italian her marinade mix, (Durkee*) shopping list
- 2 medium tart apples, cored and thickly sliced shopping list
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Zinfandel or other red wine shopping list
- Asparagus: shopping list
- 1 bundle asparagus shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle roast with marinade mix; set aside.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine apples and onion. Add wine. Place roast on top of onion and apples.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board; cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Using a slotted spoon, transfer onion and apples to a serving bowl.
- Cook the asparagus: Heat olive oil and butter on medium-low heat in pan until melted. Add garlic and cook until soft but not brown. Add chicken stock and asparagus, cover, and steam until asparagus is soft but not mushy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Using a wire mesh strainer, strain cooking juices into a medium saucepan. Over high heat, bring to a boil. Cook until mixture is reduced by half. Serve with roast, onion, and apples.