Baked Cinnamon French ToastFrom annette092964 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sliced cinnamon-swirl bread shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 and 1/4 cups half-and-half cream shopping list
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- whipped cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- The night before:
- In microwave, melt butter with brown sugar. Use to coat bottom of 13-by-9-inch pan. Place 1 layer of bread in pan, packing in tightly. Scatter raisins or chocolate chips evenly over bread. (Or sprinkle 1/4 cup raisins on one side, 1/4 cup chocolate chips on the other, to accommodate different tastes.) Top with second layer of bread. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour evenly over bread. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake, covered, in preheated oven 45 minutes; uncover and bake another 15 minutes. Dish will puff up and then fall. Cut into squares, invert onto serving plates and serve, if desired, with whipped cream.