Easy AvgolemonoFrom simianlogic 6 years ago
- 1 lb boneless chicken (frozen is fine) shopping list
- 2.5 cups water shopping list
- 3.5 cups chicken broth (I use the powdered stuff) shopping list
- 3/4 - 1.5 cup of rice (I use 1.5, but I like it thick. My mother makes it with 3/4) shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (bottled is fine, otherwise ~2 lemons) shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- black pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Fill a soup pot with 2.5 cups of water plus 3.5 cups of broth and add the chicken (whole).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the rice. Bring the pot back to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooled, chop into small pieces. Once chopped, add them back to the pot.
- Beat three eggs with the lemon juice.
- Just before serving, slowly poor the egg-lemon mixture into the pot while stirring the soup. Stir for a minute or two.
- I prefer mine a lot more lemony than my girlfriend, so I add extra lemon and black pepper to each bowl individually.
The Cooksimianlogic Mountain View, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!