Antique Old-Fashioned Bean SoupFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
How to make it
- Put in [to] soak overnight one pint of white beans.
- Next day put on to boil a piece of lean beef, a soup bone with a bit of meat on it is best, and a piece of fat pork about three inches square. Turn in the beans, water and all.
- Put in a little pepper and salt and and a bit of sliced onion.
- Cook at least four hours.
- At the proper time, so as to be thoroughly cooked at serving time, put in a few carrots, potatoes and sliced turnips.
- Old-fashioned, but delicious.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
Can't beat them beans!!!!!!!!!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it