Mushroom StroganoffFrom girlieerin 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 pound mushrooms, sliced (Note: I used Portobello and Baby Bella) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock (Note: You may also use vegetable or beef stock) shopping list
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup non-fat yogurt (Note: You can use a combination of low or non-fat Greek yogurt (such as Fage) and light sour cream, or use one exclusively) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley and a lttle extra for garnish shopping list
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (Note: Feel free to use whatever pasta you prefer, or even brown or white rice) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles, and cook according to your desired level of doneness. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and cook, stirring until softened.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, cooking until they are softened and lightly browned.
- Next add the stock, soy and Worcestershire sauces. Bring the sauce to a boil, and cook until the mixture has reduced by 1/3.
- In a small bowl combine the sour cream and flour and parsley. Add this mixture to the pan and stir. Continue cooking over low heat, just until the sauce thickens. Pour the pasta into the sauce and cook until the dish is evenly heated through. Serve, seasoning with salt and pepper and garnish with additional parsley and a dollop of sour cream.
- View step by step images of this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com