Roasted Spiced Pork Loin With Root VegetablesFrom darbar 6 years ago
- For sauce shopping list
- 6 bacon slices, cut in half shopping list
- 6 cups canned low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- For pork shopping list
- A mortar and pestle or even a coffee grinder can be used to grind the spices. shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 teaspoon black cardamom seeds (from about 30 whole green or white cardamom pods) shopping list
- 1 4- to 4 1/4-pound center-cut boneless pork loin (about 10 inches long and 3 1/2 inches in diameter) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- For roasting shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds large russet potatoes (about 5), peeled, halved lengthwise, cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds large parsnips (about 4), peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces, thick portions halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds large carrots (about 4), peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces, thick portions halved lengthwise shopping list
- 8 large shallots, peeled, halved shopping list
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 3 large fresh rosemary sprigs shopping list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Make sauce:
- Cook bacon in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Using tongs, transfer bacon to paper towels. Discard drippings from pan. Add broth, wine, jelly and rosemary to pan. Boil until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 35 minutes. Return bacon to sauce. Boil until liquid is reduced to 1 1/3 cups, about 10 minutes longer. Strain sauce into small saucepan. Add butter. Whisk over low heat until sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Prepare pork:
- Finely grind first 4 ingredients. Place pork in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Rub oil, then spice mixture all over pork. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- For roasting:
- Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 400°F.. Place potatoes, parsnips, carrots, shallots, garlic and rosemary in large roasting pan. Drizzle with 5 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes, turning vegetables occasionally.
- Roast pork with vegetables until vegetables are brown and cooked through and thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 150°F., turning vegetables occasionally, about 1 hour. Remove pork and vegetables from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Place pork roast in center of large platter; surround with all vegetables. Rewarm sauce over low heat, whisking constantly.
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating3 people
Really really great.. we all loved it!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Only 2 words: 1. WOW! 2. Delicious!
Thanks for sharing. Big fiver on this one!! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Lovely recipe, Darbar! FIVE from this kid in the wild woods of Muskoka! :+D --- oops! I see I already rated this one! THOWWY! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it