chocolate bread pudding with walnuts and chocolate chipsFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 4 cups 1-inch cubes egg bread with crust (about 6 ounces) shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted, broken into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided shopping list
- 1 cup half and half, divided shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- Lightly sweetened whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Toss bread cubes, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and toasted walnuts in large bowl to blend.
- Whisk 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 cup half and half, and cocoa in heavy medium saucepan to blend.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chips; stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- Gradually whisk in remaining 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup half and half.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolk, and sugar in medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk in chocolate-cream mixture.
- Stir into bread mixture.
- Let stand 1 hour for bread to absorb some of custard.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter six (1- to 1 1/4-cup) ramekins.
- Divide pudding mixture among ramekins.
- Bake puddings until set in centers, about 40 minutes.
- Top warm puddings with whipped cream and serve.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
Just great!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
WHAT CAN I SAY ? ANOTHER GREAT AND DIFFERENT POSTING. will probably make it the week-end (if it is still cold and rainy,unusual weather for January in South africa)mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Bread pudding is absolutly my favorite dessert. But i have never had chocolate bread puddding. I can't wait.cheryilyn in Salem loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Kid Friendly Recipes207 members
Just Love To Cook48 members
Sweet Suite159 members
All Holidays135 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Companys Coming115 members
Be My Valentine31 members