Chocolate Chiffon CupcakesFrom lillyann 9 years ago
- 2 cups sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 7 eggs, separated and at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F (180° C).
- Combine 1-3/4 cups sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl. Add oil, egg yolks, water and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in extra-large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gradually pour chocolate batter over beaten egg whites, folding with rubber spatula just until blended. Spoon into prepared cupcake cups.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly. Allow to cool completely before removing from muffin tin (or you could do like me, and use freestanding cupcake cups). Fill, frost and enjoy
- Makes around 18 standard cupcakes or 36 mini cupcakes.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooklillyann Colorado Springs, CO
The Rating6 people
THANKS LILLYANN for a great posting
have a blessed week-end
MUMTAZmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Going to make these!
Thanks!pinkpasta in Upstate loved it