Chicken And Dumpling SoupFrom tuilelaith 8 years ago
- 12 ounces boneless chcken strips shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil of choice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed shopping list
- 1 14 ounce can chicken brooth shopping list
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 cup fresh green beans, halved shopping list
- 1 cup carrots, chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat packaged biscuit mix shopping list
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepancook and stir chicken in hot oil for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle flour and marjoram over chicken.
- Stir in broth, onion, green beans, carrots and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, cover, for 7 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine biscuit mix, cornmeal, and cheese.
- Stir in milk just until mixture is moistened.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto hot liquid in soup pot, making eight dumplings.
- Return soup to boiling, then reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes until dumplings are done.
- Its important not to lift the cover while simmering so the dumplings will cook in the steam.