Greek Steak Pitas with Dill SauceFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- /2 cup plain fat-free yogurt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- Steak: shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 4 (6-inch) pitas, cut in half shopping list
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, halved shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- To prepare sauce, combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare steak, combine juice and next 4 ingredients (juice through steak) in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 10 minutes, turning once. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Place steak on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf half. Divide steak evenly among pita halves. Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese into each pita half.