Texan Flank Steak with Garlic Wine SauceFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
How to make it
- Sprinkle flank steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large heavy skillet.
- Do not add butter or other fat.
- When hot cook seasoned steak until seared and well browned on each side.
- Reduce heat and add 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove meat from pan and keep warm.
- Pour off any fat in the skillet and add scallions and red wine.
- Bring to a boil and whisk in the garlic
- Boil until wine is reduced by half, thickened and syrupy.
- As it boils scrape up the browned bits in the skillet with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the meat juices that have accumulated under the flank steak.
- Boil for a few seconds more then remove from heat.
- Gently swirl in 2 tablespoons softened butter so that it incorporates into the wine. Quickly slice the meat against the grain into thin strips.
- Arrange slices on a hot platter then pour sauce down center and serve at once.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
This did not turn out as good as I had hoped. The meat was quite tough and the sauce was not as flavorful as I had hoped. I might give it one more try.davidwhittaker in Avon Lake loved it