Rhubarb-Cream Cheese BuckleFrom donnaja1231 10 years ago
- TOPPING shopping list
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- cake shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely chopped rhubarb shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- powdered sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9x9x2-inch pan with cooking spray. Combine 2/3 cup flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Stir in melted butter until mixture is moistened and crumbs form.
- 2. Combine all filling ingredients in medium bowl.
- 3. Sprinkle rhubarb with 2 tablespoons of the sugar in small bowl. Whisk 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- 4. Beat 6 tablespoons butter and remaining 2/3 cup sugar in large bowl at medium speed 1 minute or until lightened in color and smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla 1 minute or until well-blended. At low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, just until blended. Stir in rhubarb mixture and any accumulated juices.
- 5. Spoon batter into pan. Drop teaspoonfuls of filling over batter; swirl gently with knife to marble. Sprinkle with topping.
- 6. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. (Buckle can be made 2 days ahead.) Cover and store at room temperature.